Pages

8/30/2010

Bye bye August!

I think this will be my last post in August! I was looking at my archive and I found that I have posted 9 times in August, and so this post will be my 10th. I guess it was a productive month (on the blogging side only)!! Talking about productivity, I will start working on my research tomorrow. I have to finish the big paper I have been working on for a while now. I'm trying to get as much done as possible between now and the baby's arrival. 

Tomorrow, the last day in August, is the first day of school for my older daughter. She is going to second grade. My younger one is starting pre-K on Wednesday. With Ramadan and pregnancy, I'm not sure if I'm ready for school yet. But it's okay, the girls will have fun and no need to think about how to entertain them during the weekdays any more.

End of August means summer is about to end too. This summer was the hottest one for me here in PA. Summer is usually nice here but it was not this year with those several heat waves that hit our area. But subahan Allah the weather turned to be nice and wet with the first day of Ramadan!!

My husband left to Belgium on a work trip yesterday. He'll come back on Thursday inshallah. The girls and I miss him so much and can't wait to have him back. The good thing that we are able to talk to him face to face all the time. Thanks to my iPhone :)

Still in August, my friends came back from vacation last week. They spent most of the summer back in their countries. We had a gathering last Friday and I got a chance to see two of them. I was so glad to see them because I missed them so much. Today I got the chance to see my lovely friend Zika again and we spent most of the day together. The kids had too much fun and we had too much to talk about.

I'm working on the baby favors these days. I have almost everything ready for the baby shower including the baby registry. I'm so excited! I'll post pictures for everything soon.

Today is the first day of the last ten days of Ramadan. May Allah give all of us the chance to observe Laylat Al-Qadr and give us all the reward of worshiping this night.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post Susu, it has so many news. Good luck in your research :) I can't believe that summer is almost over. We had a very hot summer here in MA, but most of Ramadan days were nice and cool too. InshaAllah your husband will be back soon bealsalmah. Waiting the favors pictures and the September post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a long post! Glad you enjoyed it :) It won't be too long before the next post, inshallah! Take care and don't forget me in your dua'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see the favors :)! Good luck susu, in everything ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post pictures soon, nido! Thanks habibti :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed you too very much Walahy ya Susu,i just read your post now,you konw i wasn't having enough energy in Ramadan to read your posts:(these days i start to go back to the normal al7amdolelah, i am always enjoying read your Blog,it's one of my favorite things for me to do:)
    your Baby shower is almost here yaaaay:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zika,

    I'm so glad you're back to the States and to my blog :) You are one of my favorite readers!

    And yes, the baby shower is almost here, YAY! By the way, how is Mahmoud doing now after the baby shower surprise? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's gonna be ok.don't worry :))
    the best thing that you did that so we can be free for a while,i wish if we can do it every weekend:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name. Thanks for commenting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...